Creating a Dropdown Menu in Excel
This is something that can be used quite often in Excel, but few remember how to create it. So here's a walk-through:
- First you need to create a list of the items you want in your list. Usually this will be in a hidden column or a separate tab from your working document.
- Next go to the cell where you wish to have your dropdown list/menu. Make sure this cell is selected and go to Data, Data Validation.
- A Menu will appear. Select the List option. Then in the source section, make sure your list from step 1 is referenced.
- Select OK and start using your dropdown list!
- Copy the cell as much as you want to as the list is now embedded in the cell.
- The down button to help you select options will appear once you select the cell.
For further details, here is another place to look: https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Create-a-drop-down-list-7693307a-59ef-400a-b769-c5402dce407b